Tuesday, January 16, 2007

RICK MOLITERNO INTERVIEW.

There's an interview with Rick Moliterno up on the Standard site, the most interesting part being where they ask him about why Standard is no longer in the BMX limelight:

There was a time several years ago when we played the ad game and built this huge demand for Standard everything. It made Standard insanely big, which I never really wanted. We had so much demand, that no matter how fast we made things, it wasn’t enough! I figured, why do all this expensive advertising to create demand we can never fill? It wasn’t fun at all. I wasn’t handling the products directly enough and was becoming more of a people manager than a hands-on BMXer making bikes! So, like I tend to do too often, I made the somewhat drastic decision to put the brakes on everything that created the monster.

Interesting. Read the rest of the interview here.

0 comments: