Sunday, November 26, 2006

TWO REVIEWS


1) The Facad Video

Every internet guru on the planet would have you believe that this video is in contention for the "video of the year" title, so going into viewing it I had try to free my brain of the dreaded internet hype virus and just take it for what it's worth. Davey Watson is insane and ridiculously tech. Bruce Crisman does a one footed nose wheelie on a ledge in a line. He also does a fakie to fakie turndown down like at least 10 stairs. Seth Kimbrough's part is solid, not really as crazy as some of the stuff we've seen from him recently but it's still really good ( it was all filmed in 4 days while he was recovering from an injury, which explains it ). Hoder's part is just fucked up. No barspins or tailwhips, no fancy grinds, just him 360ing gigantic shit, cruising down rails with no pegs and honestly I don't really see how he could have stayed alive if he were to have crashed on his last clip. I thought the music was good too. I'd probably say I liked FitLife more, but it was for sure in the top 5 of the year.



2) The KHE street tire. I've been riding this thing for about 3 months or so I'd guess now and it's been great. The first thing you notice with this tire is that compared to a normal tire it's insanely thin and flexible. You don't need tire levers to pull the bead onto your rim, you can just slide it on by hand. That might make you think that it isn't strong but as far as I can tell it's just as strong as normal tires with big, thick, heavy beads. I have had exactly one flat tire ( which was due to a very large staple finding its way into the tire.

More importantly it is VERY light. It is 17 ounces which is approximately 10 ounces lighter than a Primo Wall or an Animal GLH. ALMOST HALF THE WEIGHT! Those tires probably do last longer but as far as I can tell the KHE is pretty damn durable and shows very little signs of wear despite the fact that I am brakeless and live in a city filled with awful traffic.

The only downside is the price. It costs 34 dollars which is almost twice as much as the previously mentioned Primo and Animal tires. To me though it's clearly a great deal if you're looking to lose some weight. It'll cost you almost 70 dollars to put two of these tires on but you will save well over a pound assuming you're riding 23 ounce tires. Comparatively, if you were to buy a Profile titanium spindle ( which costs around 100 dollars ) you'd only save 4 ounces.

FUN FACT: Mike Brennan ( We The People street destroyer ) told me a few weeks ago that he loves these tires too, if he can ride them anyone can.

0 comments: