Monday, August 14, 2006

BLACKMAN SNIPPIET

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I rolled through Brooklyn today and interviewed the infamous Blackman. Everyone knows Blackman as being some crazy dude who jumps off of big shit but I got to see a little bit more of the calm side of his personality. You gotta buy the zine if you want to see this rest of the interview, out soon.

A22: Pretty much when people think about Blackman, they think about you doing crazy shit like grinding a 15 stair flat rail on the cover of Ride. What made you want to do that? Is it because you just want to get your name out there or do you want to push yourself or do you want to make your sponsors happy?

I mean, I do it for me. Just to know I can do it. I do it because that's Black Man. I always wanted to do that ledge. That's my high school. I always used to get out of school and go look at the ledge. I just always wanted to do it. I ain't scared to do nothing like that. The person I like riding with most is Mike Hoder because me and Hoder ride the same, we both love jumping off of shit. I can ride with Hoder all day. Ralphie, Nigel... I can ride with anybody. Anyone I feel is doing something crazy, I'm with the same thing. I dunno man though, life is crazy. You break your neck, you break your fucking neck.

A22: You seem like you've been through a lot of shit lately. Like your perspective is changing on life and shit. Like maybe you've become more mature lately.

Yeah I mean, I'm about to become a grown man, I gotta do grown man things. I can't be fucking sleeping on the couch. Fucking robbing, stealing, I gotta make my own money. I can't be hustling. I'm about to finish high school. Hopefully.

A22: So what is this "no homo" shit all about? I think a lot of people outside of New York don't really understand that shit.

I mean "no homo"... a lot of niggas be saying gay shit so you just gotta say "pause". The real word is "grimey life" man. GRIMEY LIFE. Grimey life is the life I live.

A22: For someone who doesn't understand though, when is the proper time to say no homo?

Niggas with tight pants, they homos. I ain't really gonna say nothing but a lot of niggas might be like "blah blah, fuck blackman" and start crying and shit when I say you got tight pants on. I got tight pants friends. I got a lot of friends.

If you haven't yet, go add The Come Up on Myspace, I post bulletins whenever I update the site so you can know when to check back to see new shit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice interview... retard..

Anonymous said...

i think blackman is the most un-intelligent man in bmx

laynehip said...

haha

Adam22 said...

lol @ all of you.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Stationery&aposs cocaine ambien Waterpump buick Carl craft disney wedding invitations Belaire direct insurance jme lamictal side effect Telemarketing call center hatherleigh On line pharmacy adipex