Monday, October 02, 2006

6 Questions with Oba Stanley

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you've ever ridden in New York City, chances are you've rode with Oba. He's out there every day putting in work and hanging out and is definetly one of the friendliest riders I've met, so I sent him 6 questions via Skinny to get the scoop:


1) You aren't rocking the square chainstays anymore, what happened? What frame are you riding and do you have any sponsors currently?


I'm riding a Mutiny Eden frame right now, but I am looking for a new frame sponsor. If anyone is interested they can contact me at www.myspace.com/obadose , my current sponsors are Animal and Base Bklyn.

2) What led you to ditching your baggy jeans and glasses for some girls jeans and contact lenses?


Over the spring in 2005 I started going out to bars and concerts with my good friend Jah Jah, he put me on to the whole under ground scene in Brooklyn.

3) How was the Shook trip that you just went on? I hear something about a very large smith grind


That was the best trip I've ever went on! I was so happy when I did that smith grind. I was hyped for the rest of the trip after that.

4) What is the proper usage of one of your favorite words, "Jerk"?


That is just something I say as a inside joke between me and some friends, nothing negative.

5) What riders did you grow up looking up to?


There are so many riders I looked up to but the ones I really liked is Gonz, Rat Boy, Troy Mcmurry, Will Tabuin and a lot of other riders too.

6) Who are the top 3 coolest white guys in BMX?


I have more than just 3 people that are the coolest to me right now like Shane and Ralph at Animal, Glenn PP Milligan, Enos at Base Bklyn, Vinnie, Bob, Mike Osso, Mike Brennan, Aaron, Russ, Wade, Chad at Shook, Mat brown, Ryan P Kirby , Crazy Phill. I'm sorry if I forgot anybody else nothing personal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn, your loaded question in hopes of being a cool white guy failed.

keep trying to be down wit da homies, douche.

Anonymous said...

Jerk

Adam22 said...

"damn, your loaded question in hopes of being a cool white guy failed."

what question was loaded? oba is my friend and everyone knows i pretty much define "cool white guy".

" Jerk"

DEF. i wish he went into better detail.