Wednesday, October 04, 2006

HOLLA AT ME




I get a lot of questions regarding this site on a day to day basis, and while I usually take the time to answer them one by one, I figure I should get some of this shit out of the way. Also some of these aren't questions I hear from people, they are shit that I read on messageboards from people who don't know shit.

1) "Everything on your site is stolen, anyone could do this."


No shit. The point of this site isn't to change the world, the point is to catalouge and present in a concise format, a whole bunch of BMX related stuff that I find online and enjoy. If I post a video part, it's not because I'm trying to take credit for it, it's because I thought the video part was good and I want people to be able to see it. If I post a link to an interview on another site, it's not me taking credit for it, it's me posting the link to something on another site that I enjoyed. A lot of kids don't have time to check every BMX site, so I try to present the best stuff that is online in one place. Also, I get a ton of emails and Myspace messages from people asking me to throw up their videos/photos etc so besides an occasional hater here and there, I don't think anyone is complaining.

2) "Why don't you give credit when you use photos that other people took?"


This is a blog. I have bookmarks to probably at least 50 other blogs on my computer and on none of them does anyone ever give photo credit. Of all those blogs, I would say that I probably do the best job of giving photo credit since a large portion of the time I either link to the site I got it from or I state explicity who took it. In addition, a lot of times I find pictures on Myspace or linked from other sites and I have no idea who took the photo, so if you want to contact me and ask for photo credit, go for it, I'll edit the post for you. I'm not trying to diminish anyone else's work over here.

3) "Why are you doing all these short interviews?"


In the same way that I post links to videos I enjoy, I try to interview riders that I like and would enjoy reading an interview with. I can gaurantee you that when that Lino interview showed up in my Myspace inbox, I was more excited than anyone else who reads this site to see what he wrote since he's one of my favorite riders. I see a lot of sites who post a bunch of bullshit that I can't imagine anyone really cares about. I think the only reason my site has become reasonably popular in a short period of time is because I try to only post stuff that I find interesting.

4) "Why did you talk shit on the NORA cup awards?"


I talked to Fudger on the phone regarding this and I feel what he was saying but I really didn't see it as shit talking. My personal opinion was that some of the awards were sort of goofy, so I wrote something that I considered to be pretty funny in regards to it. I wasn't trying to diminish the hard work they put into that shit. It would be equivalent to me saying that the Fly video sucked. I love some of Fly's products, I like a lot of their riders and I respect them as a company, but son, that video sucked. I'm not trying to hide my opinion, I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed that video and that's awesome, but a review is a review, take it how you want to take it.

5) Are you a homophobe?


Fuck no. I don't have anything against gay people, I consider myself to be pretty liberal in every regard and I would love to see gay marriage legalized, but I have been saying "gay", "faggot" and "homo" as negative terms for my entire life and I'm not trying to stop now. I'm not a PC person and I'm not afraid of offending people. Also, I know who the gay BMXer is and I'm not spilling the beans.

Hopefully that clears everything up, this site has gotten more popular than I ever thought it would and it hasn't taken long at all. I get like 99% positive feedback but it's still annoying to read really misinformed shit from time to time. Hit me in the comments if you have any shit to talk or legit questions to ask. New site should be up in a few days and hopefully the messageboard soon after that. Stay up.

4 comments:

Adam22 said...

prove it!

Anonymous said...

I think TEHCUMUP is not bad at all. good idea, decent content. I don't agree with everything you got to say, but that doesn't matter, say whatever the hell you want. You aren't forcing anyone to read it.

I do think what burns some people is referring to it as a "site" when (right now), its simply a blog. I don't give a shit.

Vancho said...

i dont agree with everything i read here at all (the trails comment esp.) but that doesnt matter to me at all. i could call adam a faggot and say this site is gay and all that, just cause i disagree with him. but thats taking the bmxboard way out.

i check this site probably more than any other bmx site. because its updated frequently, and has videos i like to watch. they may not all be my taste or whatever but at least its there. so in closing, kids bitching about this have nothing to be mad about. if you dont like it dont go to it. or better yet, make your own site thats better. then you dont look like a douche for not doing shit and trying to call someone else out. cheers adam.

Adam22 said...

you rule.